- Mandatory: members are expected to obtain this equipment at their earliest convenience. You may not participate in the assault without this equipment. We have a small supply of equipment to lend to new members.
- Fencing Mask — 3 weapon mask rated at at least 350N.
- Fencing Jacket — rated at least 350 N for small-sword, 800+ N recommended for back-sword.
- Indoor shoes — Hi-Tech squash shoes are cheap and very serviceable.
- Gloves/lightweight gauntlets, leather or sport fencing.
- Unarmed sparring mask with face protector.
- MMA gloves.
- Cricket box/Support.
- Recommended: we strongly suggest that members obtain these, particularly for fencing in any sort of tournament.
- Gorget in leather, metal or plastic.
- Fencing breeches rated at 350 N
- A double-wide or steam epeé with a French grip. NB. a pistol grip is entirely unsuitable.
- Popinjay's armoury (USA) do a selection of smallsword hilts at reasonable prices. Postage and customs charges can bump up the price.
- Leon Paul's Theatrical sword (ask them to be so kind as NOT to bend the tang when they assemble it).
- Allstar Fencing provide good quality equipment at reasonable prices. They have good sizing information.
- A nylon back-sword from the Knight Shop.
The uniform of the Linacre School of Defence consists of dark trousers, a white polo top and a red fleece.